Friday, September 12, 2014

Quotidian #4

This is a 5" x 7" (oil on paper) of my favorite paint...which is Farrow and Ball.  This company makes the most yummy, subtle colors for your home.  Every time I look at the little sample can in my studio I smile because it is so lovely.
 As to my day today...it was pretty frustrating.  Had to do lots of business details all day, there was a disheartening family trauma, and didn't get to my studio til late.  The light wasn't so good so I used artificial light, which is not my favorite and harder to see by as I get older.  But, I showed up and did a little work...nothing to write home about. But here's the thing:  If I didn't even show up and try, I would feel even worse about my day.  So maybe my daily redemption to be had in "just
showing up"?  Possibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment